The Presbyterian Church was the first church built in the village in 1906. The corner stone was laid by Thomas Cullinan. The Rev Flett was the first minister. The church was a great promoter of temperance its early days. The church is on mining ground. There was also a manse built for the Reverend of the church which was later sold to the mine. This house is also on mining ground.
Rev Flett with some of his congregation outside the church about 1908
The first church in the village was the Presbyterian Church in a tent.
Presbyterian Church today
Corner stone at Presbyterian Church