During the early 1920,s the mine had a programme to build houses for its workers. Before that date the workers build their own houses and if a worker left the mine the house was bought by the company. These houses were generally of tin. None of these houses are thought to have survived. The four houses at the top of Park Road and South Street are though to have been built in the early days of the mine and would have been for mine officials. Two of these houses are still on mining ground.
The houses at the bottom of Park and South Street were probably built in the 1920,s